Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Glossary of Terms

Glossary of Terms 12 years 6 months ago #970

[Re: Glossary of Terms]
Questions
1. Is 5K = 5 thousand shares?
- YES
2. Is .08 = to 8/100th or 2/25th of one penny?
- .08 = 8 cents, 8 pennies, 100 pennies = $1

=================================================
Question:
1. What does *buy at the bid* mean?
- You place the order at the bid price and they sell it to you at that price.
2. What is a *Market Maker*?
- You place an order through a broker, they route it through to the Market Maker who has the stock or goes to another Market Maker to get the stock. They make the market in the stock.
==================================================
Question:
1. What does *good at getting FILLS* mean?
- some Market Makers do a better job at filling an order than other Market Makers.
2. What does *I want a broker that can do .pk and .ob stocks and even will let me short the .50 pumpers stocks. Does anyone out there actively do this in the 10,000s of shares?* mean?
-I don't.
Question:
1. What does *Cross traded OTC that end with an "F"* mean?
- no idea
2. What does *I have instant fills at ask or close* mean?
- sounds like when they place the order they fill it.
3. What does *filled at under my limit* mean?
- you get a better price than what you were willing to pay.
Question:
1. Assuming one is diligent(1-3/hrs daily?) in studying the business of trading Shell Stocks/Pinks/OTC and can come up to speed how much time would it normally take to get more or less *fair* at trading?
- No idea.
Question:
1. Am I correct in understanding that trading using data from the OCT Bulletin is much safer than using data from the Pink Sheet or are they the same?
- Nothing is safe. Look at Enron, traded on the NYSE and not safe.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Glossary of Terms 12 years 6 months ago #968

• Kenneth
  • Fresh Boarder
[Glossary of Terms]
I'm new to Shell Stocks/Pink Sheet/OTC Bulletin etc. Other than doing labor intensive Internet resarch can someone suggest a source that I can refer to for the meaning of various trading vocabulary/trading procedures? Just understanding the terminology is a big part of coming up to speed. At present I'm having difficulty simply following what's going on due to my lack of familiarity with the trading terminology. Trying to do this without a glossary/
/tech dictionary is like trying to understand a specialized technical field without a first-class technical dictionary. Not possible. At least not for me.

Examples:

If you saw my other posts on SMKE, I purchased 67,500 at .002 early last year. I've sold:

5k at .08
5k at .10
5k at .15
5k at .12
5k at .15
5k at .20
5k at .20
5k at .20
2.5k at .25
1k at .27

Still holding 24k.

Invested $143, returned about $6,895 gross.

Questions
1. Is 5K = 5 thousand shares?
2. Is .08 = to 8/100th or 2/25th of one penny?

I really don't remember now but probably had an order in for 100k or more. If you buy at the BID you won't drive up the price. I never use all-or-none, I want to get what ever they will give me. If you are the high bidder on a stock, your chances of getting some are better compared to the others. But, sometimes I am the high bidder but don't get the stock ... just depends on the Market Makers.

Question:
1. What does *buy at the bid* mean?
2. What is a *Market Maker*?

Yes, but are they good at getting FILLS. I want a broker that can do .pk and .ob stocks and even will let me short the .50 pumpers stocks. Does anyone out there actively do this in the 10,000s of shares??

Question:
1. What does *good at getting FILLS* mean?
2. What does *I want a broker that can do .pk and .ob stocks and even will let me short the .50 pumpers stocks. Does anyone out there actively do this in the 10,000s of shares?* mean?

I have tradingdirect .com, they will go 1mil shares for $9.95.
Cross traded OTC that end with an "F" are $ 60.00 per order.
Most of the pinks and OTC & normal exchanges are $9.95.
I have instant fills at ask or close. Depends on stock of course. The last purchase I made was filled at under my limit...

Question:
1. What does *Cross traded OTC that end with an "F"* mean?
2. What does *I have instant fills at ask or close* mean?
3. What does *filled at under my limit* mean?

Question:
1. Assuming one is diligent(1-3/hrs daily?) in studying the business of trading Shell Stocks/Pinks/OTC and can come up to speed how much time would it normally take to get more or less *fair* at trading?

Question:
1. Am I correct in understanding that trading using data from the OCT Bulletin is much safer than using data from the Pink Sheet or are they the same?

Thank you very much.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Editor
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds